Re: [GSoC] blends-gen-control hints (Was: blends-dev, gsoc 2013)

Hi Emmanouil,

On Fri, Aug 02, 2013 at 07:38:55PM +0300, Emmanouil Kiagias wrote:
> > Definitely.  Just be bold and let your first package a *real* package.
> > ;-)
> >
> > OK I will do that :-)
>
> So now which should be our next steps for the project?

For me it is checking your just commited work to build a real blends-dev
replacement package.  I'll do this later this weekend.

> Also one of your previous suggestions was the following:
> Quoting some of your words from a previous mail:
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-blends/2013/07/msg00039.html
> "Another thing where I'm always concerned about is that sometimes the tasks
> files do contain versioned packages (libraries including sonames, other
> kind of versions). One the versioned packages are upgraded people usually
> forget upgrading the tasks. We should finally find some way to verify
> whether a package is just missing from our vision because it was just
> updated and its name has changed."

Yes, that's something you might like to tackle.  Kandidates for checking
are

   A) Packages containing numbers in their name (may be we have two
      versions of one package inside the archive)
   B) Packages that are not found inside the archive but look "suspicious"
      for changed name (bumped number inside the name)