Re: [GSoC] blends-gen-control hints (Was: blends-dev, gsoc 2013)

Hi Emmanouil,

On Fri, Aug 02, 2013 at 02:57:02AM +0300, Emmanouil Kiagias wrote:
> > You see the name change is asking for trouble and --force-<anything> is
> > some last resort workaround we should avoid.  If you want to go the
> > clean way for renaming a package you need to use
> >
> >   Conflicts: blends-dev
> >   Provides: blends-dev
> >   Replaces: blends-dev
> >
> > just in case you might need this in other cases for the future.
> >
> The reason I choosed blends-dev-patch name is: for the moment blends-gsoc
> source does not contain "blend-get-names" and "blend-install-helper"
> scripts.

So what can we do? ;-)

Either use a copy of the files currently lacking to make the package
complete or move all work into blends-dev Vcs-Git and use a branch.

> Do you suggest to move blend-get-names, blend-install-helper,
> blends/templates in the blends-gsoc git and have  a clean package
> blends-dev which properly replaces the current one?

Definitely.  Just be bold and let your first package a *real* package.
;-)