Re: backporting Litecoin [not-in-testing]

On Monday, 4 June 2018 6:10:37 PM AEST Thomas Goirand wrote:
> > Why the keeping away from testing???
>
> IMO, that's what should be addressed, rather than breaking stability of
> backports through unwise uploads...

I suspect you didn't try to understand explanation I've given. There is
nothing to address in software itself and it is stable enough for "stable".

The potential problem is that blockchain may break at any time (hard fork,
incompatibility with majority of newer clients, etc.) and for that reason it
may be wise to keep Litecoin away from "stable" just because it may break
suddenly, rendering version in "stable" useless.

Now I'll have to reconsider that because it is impossible to backport
software which is not in "testing". Maybe it will be easier to convince
release managers to grant an exception to update Litecoin in "stable" when
necessary but certainly that will require more work and more coordination...

I wish we could make it easier...

--
Regards,
 Dmitry Smirnov.

---

We occasionally stumble over the truth but most of us pick ourselves up
and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
        -- Winston Churchill