backporting Litecoin [not-in-testing]

I seek exception to backport Litecoin.

We intentionally keep it away from testing but it will be more useful if
users of current stable could use Litecoin.

The purpose of "stable" is to protect users from sudden, unexpected and
breaking changes. Most packages in "stable" won't stop working all of the
sudden.
However nature of Litecoin (and most if not all blockchain software) is
different: it will break if not updated because its functionality depends on
network consensus. In a way this is similar to situation when client software
to some unstable cloud API breaks because service provider do not guarantee
API stability and/or backwards compatibility hence forcing users to use the
latest software.

Litecoin software itself is rather stable, semantically versioned Bitcoin
derivative. As a high profile software it works well and ever since I
introduced it to Debian back in 2013 it's been relatively bug free.

I maintain my own private backport ever since release of Strecth and now I
would like to introduce it to official stretch-backports.

Thanks.

--
All the best,
 Dmitry Smirnov.

---

I would challenge anyone here to think of a questions upon which we once
had a scientific answer, however inadequate, but for which now the best
answer is a religious one.
        -- Sam Harris