Re: backporting Litecoin [not-in-testing]

On Mon, Jun 04, 2018 at 08:44:52AM +0200, Alexander Wirt wrote:
> On Mon, 04 Jun 2018, Dmitry Smirnov wrote:
>
> > On Monday, 4 June 2018 4:01:27 PM AEST Alexander Wirt wrote:
> > > When its not ready for stable, its not ready for backports. All those
> > > reasons against stable apply to backports too.
> >
> > You are wrong. Backports is for something that you could use on "stable" but
> > can't because it is not in "stable". Notably we use backports for newer
> > versions of software but it would be silly to say that older version of that
> > software must already be in "stable".
> >
> > Clearly this particular reason against stable doe not apply to backports
> > because backports can be updated at any time when necessary. And it is great
> > that we can use backports when we need to bypass normal stable release cycle
> > - that's precisely what backports are for.
> [...] We don't want backports that are not in testing.

So to get litecoin in stable (being stretch)
upload to unstable, guide it to testing
and upload to backport.

On Mon, Jun 04, 2018 at 03:11:05PM +1000, Dmitry Smirnov wrote:
> I seek exception to backport Litecoin.
>
> We intentionally keep it away from testing

why  why ??

Why the keeping away from testing???

Why an exception for litecoin that a package enters Debian through unstable.

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--
Leven en laten leven