Re: Request to fast track gitlab dependencies

On 11/19/18 2:19 PM, Geert Stappers wrote:
>>> Added to that npm was neglected in debian for a long time and was not in
>>> stretch adding to the long list of packages for stretch-backports.
>>>
>>> Otherwise its natural to have more dependencies when packaging large and
>>> complex software like gitlab, diaspora or openstack.
>> Otherwise its natural to have those things team maintained.
>
> Somehow I do read "it _should_ be team maintained".
> To make that happen is having "it" in Debian.
> So accept the effort that is made, give it a change.
> Don't demand that team maintiance is required,
> we do known that team maintiance is good.

All the packages I upload (except the very first one or two packages)
are team maintained. I just happened to upload most of them because I
have more time to work on them. As long as the packages are in good
shape, is the number of packages an issue? I know about the large number
of packages and I always make efforts to bring new people to share the
load. It is strange to have quantity of contributions used against the
same person! I'd agree to the concern if I'm a bad maintainer or not
responding to issues. How many of "my" packages are in bad shape? With
rc bugs and auto removal, they can't remain in a stable release if they
are in bad shape.