Re: Request to fast track gitlab dependencies

On 11/16/18 11:19 PM, Alexander Wirt wrote:
> And I think you already have too many packages.

A big factor is small node modules and our initial strategy of packaging
each module separately. Recently we started aggressively cutting down on
number of node packages by embedding simple modules. 90+ packages in NEW
got rejected [1].

Added to that npm was neglected in debian for a long time and was not in
stretch adding to the long list of packages for stretch-backports.

Otherwise its natural to have more dependencies when packaging large and
complex software like gitlab, diaspora or openstack.

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/Javascript/Nodejs/NEW