Re: Request to fast track gitlab dependencies

On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 09:01:15AM +0100, Alexander Wirt wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Nov 2018, Pirate Praveen wrote:
> > On 11/16/18 11:19 PM, Alexander Wirt wrote:
> > > And I think you already have too many packages.
> >
> > A big factor is small node modules and our initial strategy of packaging
> > each module separately. Recently we started aggressively cutting down on
> > number of node packages by embedding simple modules.

Most likely in Debian  and I do hope that Upstream is / will do the same.

> > Added to that npm was neglected in debian for a long time and was not in
> > stretch adding to the long list of packages for stretch-backports.
> >
> > Otherwise its natural to have more dependencies when packaging large and
> > complex software like gitlab, diaspora or openstack.
> Otherwise its natural to have those things team maintained.

Somehow I do read "it _should_ be team maintained".
To make that happen is having "it" in Debian.
So accept the effort that is made, give it a change.
Don't demand that team maintiance is required,
we do known that team maintiance is good.

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--
Leven en laten leven