Re: Request to fast track gitlab dependencies

On 10/29/18 8:35 PM, Mattia Rizzolo wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 29, 2018 at 03:46:45PM +0100, Alexander Wirt wrote:
>>> With the normal schedule, it can take upto 7 weeks to clear the
>>> dependency tree. Would it be possible to consider this as a special case
>>> and fast track the following packages?
>
> Not sure I follow, but why not just upload them all in one batch?  If I
> read correctly your email we are talking about only a 20ish sources?
> then it should be feasible, and Alex when he processes backports-new he
> tends to just process them all in one go, just make sure they are all
> acceptable.

If I upload gitlab 11.1.8 to unstable and that migrate to testing before
gitlab 10.8.7 is accepted to stretch-backports, would gitlab 10.8.7 be
rejected for "version not in testing"? (node-unicode-data was rejected
like that once). Currently I have uploaded gitlab 11.1.8 to experimental
since I don't want that to block gitlab 10.8.7. Since gitlab 10.11.8
requires ruby >= 2.4, I will need to backport ruby first and that can
cause even more delays to getting gitlab to stretch-backports.