Re: Recommended git packaging work flow for backports?

Simon Josefsson:
> Thanks for response -- is there any "defacto" branch name?  "backports",
> or maybe "jessie-backports" if you happen to have multiple backports
> going?

I use "$RELEASE" if package isn't in said release, and
"$RELEASE-backports" otherwise.

> If I don't need any changes specific for the backport (which I hope), I
> am leaning towards the tag approach instead of a proper branch.  But I'm
> not sure how to deal with the changelog entries, so maybe a branch is
> better after all.

The tag is a neat trick indeed, but I think it's less obvious to other
contributors when backporting requires more than just a changelog entry.

--
Lunar                                .''`.
lunar@debian.org                    : :Ⓐ  :  # apt-get install anarchism