Re: Recommended git packaging work flow for backports?

* Simon Josefsson <simon@josefsson.org> [150424 14:27]:
> Thanks for response -- is there any "defacto" branch name?  "backports",
> or maybe "jessie-backports" if you happen to have multiple backports
> going?

I'm using the suite name; so in an elaborate case I'll now have:

- master (= sid, and up to a few days ago also testing)
- jessie
- jessie-backports
- wheezy
- wheezy-backports
- wheezy-backports-sloppy
- squeeze

I consider $RELEASE-security as part of $RELEASE, so any security
uploads also end up in the $RELEASE branch and merging that to the
$RELEASE-backports(-sloppy) branch "just" works.

--
 ,''`.  Christian Hofstaedtler <zeha@debian.org>
: :' :  Debian Developer