Re: Optionally sending bugreports to the BTS

* W. Martin Borgert <debacle@debian.org> [2010-11-02 14:12:21 CET]:
> Maintainers just have to accept, that they are not alone in the
> Debian project and that other people might share "their" package in
> the BTS, even if they don't care for a specific port, such as a
> backport. After all, everyone is free to ignore any bug report they
> like to ignore :~)

 Along the same argumentation people might claim that ubuntu bugs should
go to the BTS too and that everyone is free to ignore them.

 Don't get me wrong, I personally am totally in favor of having the
backports bugs covered in the BTS, because it just belongs there. But
belittling people's opinion on that grounds doesn't gain us much
sympathy. Everything can get filtered, but being able to opt-out before
even receiving stuff is a service we should make available to raise the
acceptance. Even though bandwidth and transfer limits are becoming less
and less regular we shouldn't ignore those concerns.

 Thanks,
Rhonda
--
<dholbach> Last day of https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDeveloperWeek starting in
           34 minutes in #ubuntu-classroom on irc.feenode.net