Re: Optionally sending bugreports to the BTS

Quoting "Holger Levsen" <holger@layer-acht.org>:
IMO the right fix is to always use the BTS for backports. Everything else is
just a bad workaround.

100% ack.

Given I'm the maintainer of package x, somebody else does a backport
and I am not interested in that backport. In that case the other
person should deal with the bug reports. But it doesn't mean, the
bug reports shouldn't go to the BTS. I, as a maintainer, just will
ignore the bpo specific bugs.

Maintainers just have to accept, that they are not alone in the
Debian project and that other people might share "their" package in
the BTS, even if they don't care for a specific port, such as a
backport. After all, everyone is free to ignore any bug report they
like to ignore :~)