Re: Optionally sending bugreports to the BTS

Re: To debian-backports@lists.debian.org 2010-11-01 <[🔎] 20101101202610.GG30481@df7cb.de>
> To many backporters do not follow the mailing list closely to
> reasonable handle reports [*]. For packages where the Maintainer is
> also the backporter, it would be nice if users could be asked to
> report bugs to the Debian BTS.

Another idea would be to ask for the creation of a pseudo package that
would collect bug reports for packages where backporter and maintainer
differ. I'd assume that most backport bug (reports) are Debian bugs
anyway and having them in the right BTS would make reassigning easier.

Reportbug supports package redirection (reporting as a different
package). I would also imagine that we could convince the reportbug
people to default reporting to that pseudo package for +bpoX versions
unless some Bugs: or Origin: header is present.

This would mean there are three possibilities:

* bug report goes to the backports.debian.org package (default)
* bug report goes to the original package (Bugs: debbugs://bugs.debian.org)
* bug report goes elsewhere (Bugs: * mailto:pkg-openoffice-backport-bugs@alioth)

Christoph
--
cb@df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/