Re: moreutils in sarge-backports newer than in etch

Seg, 2007-04-16 às 19:36 +0400, Nikita V. Youshchenko escreveu:
> Luis Matos wrote:
>
> > Seg, 2007-04-16 ?s 17:10 +0200, Alexander Wirt escreveu:

> >> We discussed this and the short answer is no. We don't want to
> >> administrate another suite. You will have to live with the problem that
> >> from now on sarge-bpo may destory your upgrade path to etch. I currently
> >> don't see any other solution.
> >>
> >> Alex
> >>
> > i think there is no need ... who has sarge-bpo adds etch-bpo. if it has
> > newer packages, then just make etch-bpo has newer packages than
> > sarge-bpo.
>
> You mean, there is no need to upgrade (sarge + something-from-sarge-bpo) to
> etch? Hmmm...

i think if people want to stick to etch, they would just uninstall the
packages and install etch's ... or upgrade to etch + etch-bpo .

etch-bpo would upgrade sarge-bpo's packages .

what i think in sum is that there is a need to actually write some
"release-notes" about all the ways to upgrade from sarge to etch with
backports.