Re: Why so little info on the Pocket Beagle?

On Wed, Oct 4, 2017 at 8:03 PM, Nigel Sollars <nsollars@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think thats true of the ARM target over all,  being more fluid than other
> architectures right now.
>
> It does remind me of the X86 space back in the early 2000's ( kernel
> 2.2.10/12 etc etc ) ..

On ARM/(and all these custom boards), things are heading in the right
direction.  We've all acknowledged "kernel" overlays are not going
into mainline. (too many bugs, too many race conditions, no
maintainers interested in touching the mess) Thus multiple groups are
working on "u-boot" overlays.  Thus all device tree
overlays/customizations/additions will be done before the kernel is
loaded. It'll make things much easier to support distro kernel's..

Regards,

--
Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/