Re: Why so little info on the Pocket Beagle?

On Tue, Oct 3, 2017 at 4:14 PM, Lennart Sorensen
<lsorense@csclub.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 03, 2017 at 02:59:04PM -0400, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
>> For your first boot you usually attach a HD monitor and keyboard to
>> get through the administrivia, like setting a root password and adding
>> users. Once you setup locally, then you access the gadget through SSH.
>
> But how would you attach a monitor to a pocketbeagle that has no video
> connector?
>
> Seems to me usb serial is the only option, or blink an led.

According to https://github.com/beagleboard/pocketbeagle/wiki/FAQ, it
looks like you use a web browser; not a monitor. Once you get to the
config screen using the web browser, I'm guessing you can enable SSH.

After reading about it, I think it sounds like a neat project with
some niche applications. But I also think you should probably use a
more traditional dev-board, like a Pine-64, ODROID-C2, LeMaker HiKey,
RaspberryPi-3, BananaPi, CunieTruck 5, etc. You will find them easier
to use.

Jeff