Re: ARMHF - Mediaplayer software?

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 8:20 AM, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 3:24 AM, Paul Wise wrote:
>  that's fine... but please really, create a separate mailing list for
> that derivative.  i'm really not interested in hearing about

I suggest that you add some filtering to your email in that case, it
is unfortunately inevitable that Raspbian and the RPi are going to
come up again.

>> Debian needs our derivatives as much as they need us. We
>> should embrace derivatives, cultivate them, bring them closer to
>> Debian and encourage their developers to get involved in Debian. We
>> should not be hostile and antagonistic toward them, reject them and
>> alienate them, that is very counter-productive and especially bad for
>> Debian.
>
>  well, this is a rare instance - a very rare one - where a product
> that has such incredible promise and success also comes with some
> highly insiduous business practices attached, that, unfortunately,
> pretty much zero percent of individuals who actually purchase that
> product are aware of those insidious practices.

My mail had nothing to do with Broadcom or the Raspberry Pi, but
rather your hostility towards and abuse of members of the Debian
community (Peter Green is a DD) and toward a Debian derivative trying
to make the best of a pretty bad situation that everyone on this list
is well aware of.

I'd encourage you to read the mailing lists code of conduct,
especially the second and third last items and the item on CCs. In
addition, you might like to read the Debian Community Guidelines for
some tips on constructive communication.