Re: ARMHF - Mediaplayer software?

On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 12:49 AM, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 7:44 AM, peter green wrote:
>
>> It's not in raspbian itself but it is in the raspberry pi foundation repo
>> which most raspbian users will have. I think they also include it in their image
>> but i'm not sure on that.
>
> Would it be a good idea to include that repo by default in Raspbian
> images/installs?

 if it includes or requires the proprietary CODECs, then clearly and
obviously the answer is no, under the Debian Charter.  if however
those CODECs are dlopen'd in a similar trick to libdvdcss then it
*might* qualify for inclusion under the non-free section, but to be
honest you're probably better off petitioning mr marrilat of
debian-multimedia to see if he would be willing to host them there.

 l.