Re: ARMHF - Mediaplayer software?

On Sun, 2013-04-07 at 01:49 +0100, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> if it includes or requires the proprietary CODECs, then clearly and
> obviously the answer is no, under the Debian Charter.

I was talking about Raspbian, not Debian.

> if however those CODECs are dlopen'd in a similar trick to libdvdcss
> then it *might* qualify for inclusion under the non-free section, but
> to be honest you're probably better off petitioning mr marrilat of
> debian-multimedia to see if he would be willing to host them there.

They are already being distributed by the RPi folks, no need to host
them elsewhere.

My question was if the standard Raspbian (not Debian) sources.list (and
images containing that sources.list) should include the RPi repository
so that Raspbian users can install them easily. I was in no way
suggesting that these packages be included in the default Raspbian
images, just that they be easily accessible to Raspbian users so that
those users don't have a worse experience than the official install.

PS: I'm subscribed, no need to CC: