Re: ARM kernel cross compilation issues for iMX53

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 04:53:47PM -0300, Rogério Brito wrote:
> On Mar 19 2012, Paul Shirren wrote:
> (...)
> > The Beagle XM only has 512M
> Nice that this was brought up, so I can ask: are all ARM machine generally
> memory-starved, in comparison with other platforms?
> I know very little of the platform, but I have always kept an eye here, and
> it seems that there is nothing similar to what one has on the x86 world,
> where one can simply grab some upgrade of the memory card and pop it it.
> Is that impression correct? In case it is, is there any "common" [*]
> solution that uses, say, a mini-PCIe card to be like, say, something
> intermediary between real memory and a swap partition on a disk.
> [*] For sufficiently small values of common. :)
> Say, a swap partition on a flash/whatever device?

Well my i.MX53 QSB has 1GB ram.  Given current ARM processors are 32bit,
that's 1/4 of the entire address space, so that's not too bad.

i.MX6 can have up to 2GB ram.

Cortex-A15 designs once they start appearing should have more ram since
those have 40bit physical memory interfaces, and do PAE like translation.
Theoretically they could have 1TB ram.

Len Sorensen