Re: SS4000E Cable Wiring

Phew - Got it working. It seems most guides about the wiring are incorrect.

This page is wrong http://www.tomjudge.com/index.php/SS4000-E/Serial_Cable

This page has the correct wiring -
http://projects.kwaak.net/twiki/bin/view/EM7210/SerialConsoleCable

At least the bottom part. I soldered 3=3, 5=2 and 9=5. The LHS side is the
pins from the DL10 side and the RHS. Now I am getting the redboot output
on the console.

I hope this helps someone else. This setup seems to use non-standard
wiring for the null modem cable. Is most embedded systems like this? Kind
of a guessing game?

Thought serial cables were standard.

regards