Re: SS4000E Cable Wiring

On 12/26/2009 06:26 AM, mark@jumpingbean.co.za wrote:
> I think I may have to write a little java app to see whats wrong with the
> cable. I can find any message on /var/log/message or /var/log/syslog so
> its a bit difficult to see if its just a poor soldering job or I am doing
> something else wrong. May be the long way round but it holidays so got
> time to mess around with this stuff. Any pointers appreciated,

what are you planning to use the java app for?  assuming you're
connecting to this serial port from (for example) a host's first USB
serial port, you should be able to try it out with plain ol' GNU screen:

 screen /dev/ttyUSB0 115200

(if your device defaults to a different baud rate, substitute it for
115200).

you'd get out of it like killing any other screen session: C-a C-k

hth,

	--dkg