Re: SS4000E Cable Wiring

Redboot gives a 1 second prompt through ttys0 before booting the image.

From everything that I have read, getting an active serial connection is pretty much step 1.

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 27, 2009, at 10:51 AM, mark@jumpingbean.co.za wrote:

H Danny,

Will let you know if I make any progress. Feel like such a noob, which I
am when it comes to this embedded stuff.

Just a quick question. Do I need to have the linux arm kernel installed via tftp before the serial console shows any output? I should think not and that the redboot? loader would output text to the console by default?
Is this correct?

thanks

I wrote to this list a few weeks back with similar problems Mark.  I
couldn't get any communication via the serial ports.

Two null modem cables and two idc10s to db9 brackets.  Tried
resoldering the correct pinouts on the bracket too, nada. No garbage
no nothing.

Let us know if you make any headway with the cable.

I'd also be interested in knowing if anyone has managed to get real
perfomance out of the unit, or at least found the bottlenecks that cap
it at around 5-6 MB/s

Might be fun to trunk eth0 and eth1 too :-)

Sent from my iPhone