Re: Is there a How-to for moving a Debian NSLU2 install from one disk to another?

Brent Kolasinski wrote:
[snip]
I think it might actually have to do with the timestamps and permissions on the files. When you tar an archive, the timestamps and permissions on the files once they are untared are preserved. I think there is an argument you can give cp ( -p, preserve? ) to preserve permissions and timestamps.
Does anyone want to try and see if that is it? :)

It's "cp -a". If you use that then you'll get the same effect as tar'ing it up and then un-tarring it with the p option.

HTH
John