Re: Is there a How-to for moving a Debian NSLU2 install from one disk to another?

Leif Lourie wrote:
Martin Michlmayr wrote:
* Leif Lourie <llourie67@gmail.com> [2008-05-06 19:52]:
I have a good installation on a disk and want to move it to another.
I tried to partition the new disk in the same way as the previous.
Copied all the files over. Made sure that fstab was correct.

How did you copy the files?  We recently had someone who used "cp" and
when he used "tar" instead it work.  Have you copied the files while
the nslu2 was running on it?  I suggest you connect the hard drive to
a PC and then copy the files from there.

I connected both hard drives to another linux box and copied using cp.
I will try the using tar instead.

Thanks!

Just to follow up on this issue for people coming after me, having the same problem. For some reason cp doesn't copy all the files. There was some random mismatch between the two drives after using cp.
tar did the trick.