Re: Is there a How-to for moving a Debian NSLU2 install from one disk to another?

On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 3:39 PM, Peter Teichmann <lists@peter-teichmann.de> wrote:

That's interesting, should this behaviour be expected from a stable system?
Of what kind was the random mismatch?

Peter Teichmann

I think it might actually have to do with the timestamps and permissions on the files.  When you tar an archive, the timestamps and permissions on the files once they are untared are preserved.  I think there is an argument you can give cp ( -p, preserve? ) to preserve permissions and timestamps.

Does anyone want to try and see if that is it? :)

--
Brent Kolasinski

Tech Center Assistant
Center for Urban Initiatives and Research
University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee
(414)-229-6363