Re: NSLU2 (Slug) fails to boot with second drive connected

Aaron Klein wrote:
> I tried the following which is the last part of the directions for
> mounting with UUID's.
>
> Then update the initramfs:
>
> $ sudo update-initramfs -u
>
> and flash the new initramfs
>
> $ sudo flash-kernel
>
> Even with both drives having UUID's in /etc/fstab and then doing the
> above two commands after putting both drives in the /etc/fstab fiile
> when I reboot it still does not automount the second disk.
>

>> > # /etc/fstab: static file system information.
>> > #
>> > proc            /proc           proc    defaults        0       0
>> > UUID=b0beb15a-1e86-40f9-996e-1d58d3bd1936       /
>> ext3    defaults
>> > ,errors=remount-ro 0       1
>> > /dev/sda5       none            swap    sw              0       0
>> > /dev/sda1       /media/usb0     auto    rw,user,noauto  0       0
>> > /dev/sda5       /media/usb1     auto    rw,user,noauto  0       0
>> > /dev/sda1       /disk2          ext3    defaults, errors=remount-ro
>> 0      2

The last parameter of the /disk2 mount line in your fstab is the number 2.
I don't recall ever using that number there, only 0 or 1 - mostly 0.
Maybe that is the problem. You could try ato add "auto" to the options
string, but I think "defaults" is supposed to include that.
Then again, I'm no expert in the fstab syntax.

Does disk2 mount manually after boot when you type "mount -a" ?

--
Bob