Re: Merge of Debian kernel changes into main tree

On Sun, Oct 28, 2001 at 11:50:29PM +0100, Erik Mouw wrote:
> It would actually help a *lot* if you send debug reports to the
> linux-arm-kernel list. If Russell doesn't know about this, he just
> assumes everything is still OK and newer kernels won't get fixed.

I agree completely, but when I thought about doing so, the following
conversation took place in my mind:

 me: ARMLinux doesn't work on my RiscPC!
RMK: What's the problem?
 me: <oops-report>
     Note that it does work with the Debian kernel.
RMK: <insert random RMKishness about Debian>
     Do you expect me to wade through their CVS tree?? Get the
     maintainer to give me a patch!

...which I just tried. ;-/

Oh, I noticed that PhilB actually released the CVS tree as a
kernel-patch package, not kernel-source like I thought! Given my
minimal knowledge of the kernel source, I might not be successful in
isolating the fix, but I'll try. :-(

Cheers,

  Richard

--