Re: Merge of Debian kernel changes into main tree

On Sun 28 Oct, Richard Atterer wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 28, 2001 at 02:03:05PM +0000, Philip Blundell wrote:
> > Was there any particular set of changes you were worried about?

> I don't know which of the changes make the difference, but regular RMK
> kernels have never worked for me, I get kernel oopses left, right and
> center for everyday commands such as "ls".

Not relevant to your problem but the only thing I know for sure is in the
netwinder tree but not the RMK tree is the dallas 1-wire bus driver for the
risc-PC ID chip. RMK refused to let this in o the kernel, insisting that it
was a job for the boot-loader. It is necesary to make the etherM network card
word (as that's how it generates its MAC address).

This wouldn't matter except that only RMK can realistically update the !Linux
RPC boot-loader and he generally isn't. Personally I don't agree that this
isn't something perfectly reasonably managed by the kernel.

If' you are making a patch (or a set of patches), try slipping this one in
again :-)

Wookey