Re: Apache newbie: All the php4* packages want apache 1.* ?

Andrew Shugg <andrew@neep.com.au> writes:

> This leads me to ask something I've been wondering for a while: with
> php4 and modperl support for apache2 on the (near) horizon, do you
> (Thom, willy etc) have any idea/plans on how long apache 1.3 will
> remain a going concern within Debian?

In the general Apache world, 1.3 is going to be with us for a long
time yet, I think.  There are a lot of perfectly functional
installations where people aren't going to want to switch everything
over while 1.3 is still well supported, stable and solid.

--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/