Re: OT: complaints about systemd

Normally I'm content to lurk and read things that happen on this mailing list, but what Michael here has linked has me where I just have to respond.

If this is what the systemd people wanted in the first place, then everything that has come before seems to be a deception. In the guise of solving init problems, they mean to start a process that would end Linux as we know it.

At this point, it's a different OS, and one that seems to be a whole lot of work for seemingly not much of a result. I'm honestly having a hard time wrapping my head around just what they're trying to do with this. With all these multiple versions of distros and DEs and such, it seems to me this is just setting up for even more bugs, user headaches, and huge amounts of wasted hard drive space.

I'd like to think that were this forwarded to various distro heads, they'd drop systemd like the plague and invest in something like OpenRC, but I'm not very optimistic about that anymore.