Re: nvidia and latest unstable kernel image, now [OT]

Lennart Sorensen wrote:
On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 06:26:19PM -0500, Mark Allums wrote:
A brief description of the Debian way is in the Debian documentation, if you have that installed.

It requires quite a few packages, and it depends on the Debian patched kernel. If you use the vanilla kernel, you may need to use the standard way.

I have used it on plain kernels many times.  I have never seen any
indication it requries any debian patches.  make-kpkg doesn't seem to
care.

That's good to know.

Although, I think that there is an issue. I get a series of "'modules.dep' file not found"-type error messages early on boot. I have been wondering if it is something I have done wrong, or there is something wrong with the build process. The system still seems to run perfectly well after the init process completes. I only get that message when I build a custom kernel. A kernel image from sid installed through apt boots fine.

This may not be an AMD64 only issue, thus OT.

Am I missing something?

Mark Allums