Re: nvidia and latest unstable kernel image

++++++++ Mark Allums 15:18 Thu 17 Jul      ++++++++
Mark Allums wrote:

 >0.  make mrproper
0.5   cp /boot/config .config
 >1.    make menuconfig
 >2.    make
 >2.5   modules
 >3     make modules_install
 >4.    depmod -a
 >5.    mkinitramfs
 >6.    make install
 >    copy files to /boot
 >    modify grub/menu.lst

2. should read make bzImage
2.5 should read "make modules".

Although, if you use just make, the bzImage and module are made in one step. I like to make them separately.

Thanks!  I'm pretty sure the modules_install target does depmod for you,
though.

Anyway, the procedure is pretty straightforward and I no longer have to
consult notes to do it.

I missed an opportunity to try it the Debian way recently, when I did a
full reinstall <dang>.

Linux fluxster 2.6.25.10-ca #1 SMP Wed Jul 9 18:17:49 EDT 2008 i686

--
Q:	Why do the police always travel in threes?
A:	One to do the reading, one to do the writing, and the other keeps