Re: nvidia and latest unstable kernel image

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 08:53:10PM -0400, C. Ahlstrom wrote:
> I update nvidia direct from nvidia.com, and have had no issues.

So far.  You will at some point.  Everyone does eventually.

> Same for the kernel -- I always build it from source myself (that way I
> can change the configuration).

The kernel has its own location for files so it isn't usually a big
deal, although using make-kpkg (from kernel-package) makes it trivial to
have your own kernel installed using the package system.