Re: nvidia and latest unstable kernel image

Seb wrote:
On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 15:14:26 -0500,
Mark Allums <mark@allums.com> wrote:

[...]

The kernel and the nvidia driver didn't get along at first, but the
latest kernel patchlevel and the latest nvidia driver version now get
along swimmingly.  So make sure everything is up to date.

Thanks for the feedback.  Are you referring to sid or experimental
packages?

Lenny/testing with a sid kernel, at my desk. Any 2.6.25 kernel that has problems with nvidia drivers was sid/unstable at the time. I had the problem here on a 7800GT when I moved from 2.6.24 to 2.6.25. I was patient, and they went away when nvidia released their latest driver. I'm using 173.14.09 right now, it's on the main download page for non windows and betas on the nvidia website. Works great.

Mark Allums