Re: SATA drives not recognized on new install

On Sun, Apr 29, 2007 at 01:14:10AM -0700, Kenward Vaughan wrote:
> Thanks to you and Storm66 for your replies.  I just burned and tried
> Ubuntu, Mepis, and Gentoo, and they all seemed to have no problems.  The
> working kernel for the debian install was a 2.6.20.
>
> Is the sarge image based on 2.6.20 as well?
>
> I'll check that link out too.

Sarge is 2.6.8, etch is 2.6.18.  http://kmuto.jp/debian/d-i/ has a
2.6.12 based sarge image which has helped many people in the past with
installing sarge.  Perhaps someone will make a 2.6.20 based etch
installer similar to the sarge 2.6.12 installer to help out people who
just have to have the latest and greatest in hardware. :)  I did it
before for sarge, so who knows maybe at some point I will feel like
doing it again.