Re: SATA drives not recognized on new install

On Sat, 2007-04-28 at 23:54 -0700, michael wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 15:30:55 -0700, Kenward Vaughan wrote
> > Is this likely a problem of not having the right support built into the
> > installation disk, and if so how can I get around that?
> >
> I'm guessing your using the latest etch installer, which comes with a 2.6.18
> kernel. You might want to try a debian installer with a more recent kernel.
> Perhaps something from here:
> http://kmuto.jp/debian/d-i/
> Perhaps there is a custom etch installer out somewhere with 2.6.20 ?
> You could always install the sarge one from above and upgrade to etch
> afterwards.
> hth,
> Mike

Thanks to you and Storm66 for your replies.  I just burned and tried
Ubuntu, Mepis, and Gentoo, and they all seemed to have no problems.  The
working kernel for the debian install was a 2.6.20.

Is the sarge image based on 2.6.20 as well?

I'll check that link out too.

With or without (religion) you would have good people doing good things
and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil
things, that takes religion.  --Physicist and Nobel Laureate Steven