Re: SATA drives not recognized on new install

On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 15:30:55 -0700, Kenward Vaughan wrote
> Is this likely a problem of not having the right support built into the
> installation disk, and if so how can I get around that?

I'm guessing your using the latest etch installer, which comes with a 2.6.18
kernel. You might want to try a debian installer with a more recent kernel.
Perhaps something from here:

http://kmuto.jp/debian/d-i/

Perhaps there is a custom etch installer out somewhere with 2.6.20 ?

You could always install the sarge one from above and upgrade to etch
afterwards.

hth,

Mike