Re: AMD64-generic doesn't see all 4GB RAM?

On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 10:43:43AM -0500, Lennart Sorensen wrote:

> I also find initramfs handles LVM and software raid nicely, both of
> which I use, so I will stick with the modular kernels.

Debian initramfs tools used to use mdrun (maybe they still do) that is
horribly broken. There was a time when none of the initrd/initramfs
generators in etch could reliably boot a moderately complex RAID setup
that I've set up. ("Reliable" means continue to boot even if the disks
are physically reordered and/or moved to different controllers etc.)
I hope they are fixed now but I have no desiree to try it.

Gabor

                Hungarian Academy of Sciences