Re: AMD64-generic doesn't see all 4GB RAM?

> I only know of two (in my eyes) valid reasons to build your own kernel:
>
> 1. you hate initrd since it too often doesn't work
> 2. you need/want some extra patch

Two more reasons:

1) I don't like seeing errors / misdetected hardware in kernel messages.
Far too many times I've seen loading drivers for hardware that was never
there. As for kernel, I want it to be clean and do its work for the
exact hardware I use,

2) The may be some hardware I don't want / need supported, typically
multimedia devices on servers. The less code runs, the smaller
possibility something can go wrong in unexpected places.

Just my USB 0.02.

Vit