Re: 1U server with 4 SATA ports and a 32-bit PCI slot

On Tue, Mar 21, 2006 at 02:10:42PM +0100, Soenke von Stamm wrote:
> So I guess you're talking about analog TV ... no DVB where you live? Must say
> I don't even know if DVB is a european-only standard or not.

It originated in Europe and has spread elsewhere, pretty much along
standard lines (PAL versus NTSC etc). There's maps on the dvb.org site,
such as

http://www.dvb.org/graphics/internal/Adoption-Map_DVB-T.jpg
http://www.dvb.org/graphics/internal/Adoption-Map_DVB-S_April_20.jpg
http://www.dvb.org/graphics/internal/Adoption-Map_DVB-C_April_20.jpg

ATSC (the US digital standard for over-the-air terrestrial) is only used
in North America and Japan. The US is using DVB-C and DVB-S though
(cable and satellite).

Hamish