Re: TV grabber cards for PCI-X

Hamish Moffatt wrote:
On Tue, Mar 21, 2006 at 11:56:22AM -0800, David Liontooth wrote:
I need NTSC cards and I'm pretty much limited to saa713x, as I have to be able to pull audio directly off the card and to do closed captioning (bt878 might work but cx88 won't).

Are you sure? The cx2833x chips are the successor to the bt878.
Closed captioning is still not working on cx88.

I'd like to take this opportunity to grovel, however -- Paul is right, there are PCI-X compatible cards, and I'm both embarrassed and delighted to confess my own LifeView FlyVideo-3000FM fits right in; I'll run tests later. I'm thrilled to discover this now and not after spending thousands on equipment.

Dave