Re: RAID

Le 10.11.2005 20:03:30, lordSauron a écrit :
So, if I can get a decent RAID 0 PCI card that'd be better than using
my CPU time on it, correct?  Even if I'm a cheap person and get one of
the worst cards there is, would that be faster or slower than software
RAID?  Particularly Linux's software RAID.

Probably one of these cheap card is not really hardware raid. It is raid relying on a software module/drover and a BIOS. As most of these solutions are lelying on proprietary binary only modules, you will not find easily a suitable module for amd64 architecture. Software raid is reliable and efficient on a linux system. Totally hardware raid systems are fine but most are using scsi which are not really cheap...

Jean-Luc