Re: RAID

On Thu, Nov 10, 2005 at 05:33:18PM +0100, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
> raid1? Isn't that the mirroring one? Yes, obviously, this doesn't need
> any special support at all. For me "raid support" means RAID 0/5/6.

Well having /boot on raid1 is perfectly simple and reliable enough for
me.  If you want to make the rest of the system use something else,
that's reasonable, but unless you are willing to pay for hardware raid,
getting the boot loader to deal with anymore than raid1 seems unlikely.
After booting (loading kernel/initrd) having / and whatever else you
have on lvm and/or raid5 or raid0 is reasonable too.  They just require
too much knowledge (and reading multiple devices) to boot which makes
boot loader support a big pain.