Re: Heat problem with amd64 laptop

Hi Clive,

> I'll send it back insisting they test it with 64bit software.  Will you
> mind if I refer to your experience? It may speed things up if they
> liaise with their Italian colleagues.

No, If you don't wanna lose your time, install 32-windows that they sell to you! They just accept test on it (for them, it's not important that your hardware is 64bit and your OS is 32bit, and don't forgive techinicians are windows users). However if you have overhating problem in 64bit-mode, you'll have on 32bit too... Last thing, don't test your cpu with various "cpu test programs", they are unuseful. The best way to test that kind of problem is running 'a loop of mathematical operations', because CPU go understress in few seconds. Eventually, put that kind of program on 32bit windows with a link-icon... they yeld to the evidence.

Giulio