Re: amd-64 vs Pure-64

Hello,

--- Alexander Rapp <alexander@alexander.co.tz> wrote:

> If I recall correctly from my own ooo2 build, the
> only modifications
> needed were editing some incorrectly autogenerated
> files (chaning int to
> long IIRC, can't remember the exact details) and
> restarting the build
> process with dpkg-buildpackage -uc -nc.  Thus there
> isn't really any
> "machine-readable source" for him to distribute, and
> the best he can do
> is provide instructions on the changes necessary.
> Wouldn't this be
> sufficient for GPL compliance?  Also note that OOo
> is LGPL, not GPL,
> though I don't think that matters here.
>
> -- Alexander Rapp

Section 4 of the LGPL states:

You may copy and distribute the Library (or a portion
or derivative of it, under Section 2) in object code
or executable form under the terms of Sections 1 and 2
above provided that you accompany it with the complete
corresponding machine-readable source code, which must
be distributed under the terms of Sections 1 and 2
above on a medium customarily used for software
interchange.

If distribution of object code is made by offering
access to copy from a designated place, then offering
equivalent access to copy the source code from the
same place satisfies the requirement to distribute the
source code, even though third parties are not
compelled to copy the source along with the object
code.

http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/lesser.html

To remain legal he would have to provide a link to the
OOo2 source code.

Easily fixed.

Bob

http://mail.yahoo.com