Re: Goswin: your 32bit archive

John Kehayias <johnnyboy624@yahoo.com> writes:

> (Please CC me on replies, I am not on the mailing list).
>
> Any updates on your archive/script for 32bit packages?  I think it
> was mentioned in another thread that some changes need to be made for
> latest build of openoffice to work with your archive - will there be
> an update soon?  Forgive me if it still works, but I haven't been on
> my linux box for a bit, so I can't check it at the moment myself.
>
> Also, any progress on getting wine to work this way?  Way back in
> this thread:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-amd64/2005/07/msg00813.html  There
> were some problems on simply adding wine to the package list, so I
> was wondering if there are any workarounds or updates planned.  (How
> about the mplayer/w32codecs?)  Wine would be sweet :-P
>
> Great work though, and hope you continue with it.
>
> John

The script is in the CVS of the multiarch project on alioth (named
cross-archive) but with lots of changes. It is now converting i386 and
amd64 packages to i386 and amd64 packages respectively fit for a
biarch system. Together with a biarch dpkg and apt this gives the
ideal spawning ground for true multiarch. It is also what I need the
package for at work.

The dpkg is already in CVS there too I think (biarch branch) unless I
forgot to commit something. The apt I haven't commited yet.

But this is probably less usefull for you than the original post.

MfG
        Goswin