Re: Heat problem with amd64 laptop

On (26/09/05 00:43), antongiulio05 wrote:
> two months ago I have posted on this ml same problems (look out at "cpu burns" posts). I have an acer 1524wlmi, and it was under garantee until 10 days ago... my motherboard was burned and they have substituted it. Now it seems work, however I had your same suspect about Turion cpus and Acer cos I don't see more my machine on depliant or shops (in italy at least)...
> I sent my notebook 2 times... first time they reply to me that with their program to test cpu, notebook worked fine and my test under linux was not good for them... second time I have installed fortran with cygwin under windows and I show them that a simple program for math calculate make shutdown cpu in 5 minutes... and so they have repaired it...

Thanks Giulio

It's good to hear I'm not alone in suffering this problem and I'm glad
you got it sorted :)

Very interesting, reading your thread; I must have missed it first time
around.  Both times I tried to install the 64bit WindowsXP beta, it
overheated.

I'll send it back insisting they test it with 64bit software.  Will you
mind if I refer to your experience? It may speed things up if they
liaise with their Italian colleagues.

Thanks again

Clive

--