Re: nvidia + openGL + java

--- Hugh Waite <hugh.waite@btinternet.com> wrote:

> When I ran an example,
> it
> crashed giving a segfault in the libGL.so file. This
> was currently
> provided by nvidia-glx so I removed it and the
> program ran fine (without
> hardware acceleration I expect). I compiled my own
> nvidia-glx package
> (version 7174) using standard apt-get source
> --compile but the same
> error occurs

Have you tried any other OpenGL applications within
your chroot?  If glxgears or some-such application
also gives a segfault, you can be certain there's some
problem with the nvidia-glx package you installed.

Otherwise, maybe it's specific to the jogl?

Just a thought.

Also, perhaps try stracing the segfault.

Zaq